These release notes are for administrators.
Please read in conjunction with the standard release notes. (link to Jan 2020 release notes)
Workload & ILP ”midterm” are now available in Data Warehouse and Accessible Through OData
- The ’CourseElement’ data object has been extended with two new fields: ’Workload’ and ’WorkloadEstimation’. This will allow Data Warehouse users to access workload information for any course element that uses it, e.g. assignment.
- This is available in advanced reporting in ”Element” now.
- Field ”AssessmentType” added to the ”LearningItem” object. This will allow Data Warehouse users to access final/midterm assessments from the ILP.
- This will be available in advanced reporting in ”LearningItem” in ”Gradebook”.
The new data fields will be usable immediately after release. Documentation on developer.itslearning.com will be updated after the release is complete.
Extension of IMS-ES for Parent/Child Relationships
The IMS-ES Read methods have been extended to include relationship to parents in addition to children. Changes have been made to:
The change is effective from this release. Full documentation will be added to developer.itslearning.com in the IMS-ES ’Managing Persons’ section a few days after the release.
Calendar updates to Organisation API and Attendance
The methods for creating and updating events have been extended with a new parameter – KeepAttendance. It is used with the Attendance for HigherEd feature, and allows time table integrations to decide if an event should not be tracked for attendance.
The change is effective from this release. Full documentation will be added to developer.itslearning.com in the Organisation API ’Create.Calendar.Event and Update.Calendar.Event’ section a few days after the release.
New Resource Summary Report
- The new Resource Summary report (see standard release notes) is based on the same existing data as the
- The Resources Summary report is only shown to teachers if one of the existing 360o course reports is enabled. Note: System Administrators can turn these on/off (see below: 360° Report Management Control).
- If you have opted out of recording ”time on task” it will NOT be shown in the report.
360o Report Management Control
We want system administrators to have more viability over the itslearning configuration and more control over which features are on and off. To this end, we have started a project to move some itslearning configuration settings to customer control. Currently these settings are agreed and pre-configured when first implementing itslearning. We have moved the settings that control visibility of the 360o reports to customer administrator control. These can be accessed by the customer administrator in ’Admin’ >> ’Edit global settings’ >> ’Features and security’. This means that customers who do not use 360o reports today can choose to opt-in without needing to ask their account manager. System administrators can turn off the reports themselves and turn them back on at any time.