Choosing to implement a digital ecosystem for your school is one of the best ways you can strengthen your school community. One of the biggest perks of having a singular digital platform that is used by your entire school is having one central place for teachers, students and parents to interact and share. Choosing a robust learning management system (LMS) with a focus on schoolwide communication can enhance the success of both students and teachers alike.
With the itslearning LMS, students, parents and educators can connect to create a personalized learning experience for each student. itslearning provides features such as discussion boards, conferences and chats, bulletins and a parent portal to help teachers, students, administrators and staff more effectively communicate, collaborate and stay connected.
Here are some of the features the itslearning LMS offers to help enhance school communication and collaboration:
Teacher to Teacher
- Communities: Teachers can use communities to collaborate with others in the district that teach the same grade level or subject area. They can also join communities to explore special or pedagogical interests.
- Library: In the Library, teachers can share resources, collaborate on shared resources and rate and review resources.
- Resource or Sandbox Courses: Teachers can create special template courses with no students where they can collaborate on the course design, units, lessons and assessments.
Teacher to Student
- Bulletins: Teachers can post bulletins to students as text, video or audio. Bulletins are viewable on any device, including through the itslearning mobile app.
- Messages: Send messages to the entire class, one group or to individuals to inform students of personalized tasks and upcoming due dates.
- Rubric and Assessment Feedback: Teachers can use rubrics not only to score performance, but also to give students concrete, actionable feedback on assignments.
- Calendar: Add events on a course calendar that link directly to a resource, activity or lesson plan. Events automatically display in a student’s mobile app or their device’s calendar.
Student to Student
- Discussion Boards: Students can post ideas or collaborate on subjects, using the rich text editor to record audio and video or embed external media.
- Course Group Folders: Groups can have their own course folders to add resources or communicate through discussion boards, chat and video conferencing.
- ePortfolios and Blogs: Students can self-reflect on learning through ePortfolios and Blogs and comment on other students’ work.
- Communities: Students can create communities and invite others to join so they can collaborate on projects, special interests, study groups or clubs.
Teacher/School to Parent
- Tasks and Planner: Parents see all tasks assigned to each child aggregated from all courses. They can easily access the course planners, including lessons, resources and activities.
- Course Reports: Help parents understand how each child is progressing through Learning Objectives Progress Reports, which tell a better story about student progress than traditional gradebooks.
- Polls and Surveys: Allow parents to participate in polls and surveys to ensure that the teacher, school and district have heard the voice of the community.
- Communities: Parents can join communities in order to collaborate and communicate about school events, clubs or PTA/PTO groups.