NORDUnet awards itslearning for its modern, mobile-friendly and flexible learning management solution; giving top score on pricing
Bergen, Norway — April 6, 2017 — itslearning, a leading global LMS provider, announced today that NORDUnet, a joint collaboration by the five Nordic National Research and Education Networks, has chosen itslearning as an approved LMS provider for the Higher Education (HE) institutions in the Nordics. This development gives NORDUnet’s educational community the ability to purchase itslearning, knowing that the solution has been successfully reviewed and found to meet and exceed all the technical requirements outlined by the cooperative’s purchasing and procurement guidelines.
“We are excited to have passed all requirements, allowing us to continue our support to new and existing customers — creating student engagement and improved learning outcomes in higher education institutions in the Nordics.” – Thomas Gunleiksrud, VP itslearning
Who can benefit from this award?
Higher education institutions in the Nordics can partner with itslearning via NORDUnet from their local National Research and Education network. NORDUnet is a joint collaboration by the five Nordic National Research and Education Networks in Denmark (DeIC), Finland (CSC/FUNET), Iceland (RHnet), Norway (UNINETT) and Sweden (SUNET) and operates a world-class Nordic and International network and e-Infrastructure services for the Nordic research and educational community.
Why itslearning was awarded:
- Best Price — itslearning aims to keep costs low, knowing that many institutions are facing funding challenges and internal cost increases. NORDUnet has awarded itslearning as the vendor with the lowest price together with a high score on usability and features.
- Experience with Higher Education — For more than 17 years, itslearning has been the preferred cloud learning solution supporting higher education, cultivating a “business-critical system” for users.
“itslearning is not only an innovative learning platform, but also a trusted partner in order to achieve educational ambitions. Throughout the entire process from idea to successful implementation, itslearning has supported us very well.” – Harry Van Alphen, Board Member of Melanchthon Christelijke Scholengemeenschap
- Continuous modernisation & revamped UX — Based on the ever-changing needs of students and staff, itslearning is currently investing 27% of annual revenue into R&D and user experience. The solution increases student engagement and decreases drop-off rates through:
– Predictive Analytics: Ability to measure & evaluate learning to improve educational programs and practices in order to prevent student drop-outs
– Mobile optimisation
– Leading Cloud Integration: Microsoft Office 365 and Google Suite for Education give users a choice in the tools they use
– Peer Assessment: Aligned with the Nordic pedagogical teaching and learning approach
– Learning Object Repository: Offers ready-made content and digital resources that are qualified, university-approved and open (teachers and students can easily share and create). No other solution offers this type or amount of content.
- Open and Flexible — integrate with open APIs aligned with global standards (LTI, QTI, etc.), 3rd party applications & other learning tools.
- High User Adoption — itslearning is fast to set-up, simple to maintain and fully scalable — achieving an average user adoption rate of 85% after just one year.
“We have included teachers in our project group throughout this (LMS selection) process, and they have been advising us each step of way. They feel very confident in the decision to choose itslearning because of the company’s pedagogic competency, rather than just having a sales mentality. We are very pleased with the training sessions we have received so far and look forward to fully implementing itslearning for the coming school year.” – Janecke Aarnæs, Head of Oslo International School
Used by more than 7 million active users worldwide, itslearning is the largest learning platform provider in Europe. With an average uptime of 99.997%, we offer the most pedagogically-aligned learning platform on the market along with the best support and services. Our goal is to maintain our reputation as the most innovative LMS organisation within the education sector worldwide. We seek to grow and develop together with our partner organisations and to help them to continue to achieve their educational and strategic goals.