Here are the highlights of the enhancements in this release:
- Bulletins can now be scheduled to become visible to students for a specific time period
- The option to enable/disable comments has been moved to the Options menu, and there is a new icon showing when this is turned on or off
- All homework and tasks that have deadlines within the relevant time frame will be shown on the calendar
- Advanced reporting is now easier to search and sort
Teachers can now schedule when a bulletin will be made visible to students and when it will be removed:
We’ve introduced a new icon that shows when comments are disabled. The option to disable or enable comments has been moved to the Options menu:
Activities and homework in calendar events
Until now, tasks and assignments have only appeared in calendar events if they were part of a plan. Now, you can connect homework, tasks and assignments which are not part of a plan to calendar events.
To connect the activity to an event:
1. Create a calendar event in a course.
2. Add an activity.
3. When setting the deadline, select “At a specific event”.
4. Select an event from the date picker (events are highlighted in green).
5. When you click Save the activity will appear in the calendar event.
Also, any activity (task, test or assignment) that has a deadline within the time span of a calendar event will appear in the calendar.
Homework is labelled with an ‘H’ in the calendar event.
You can select a specific event when you set a deadline for an activity (the green dates represent events):
More space in the library
To create more space for content, we’ve updated the ‘create and edit content’ page in the library:
We’ve also made it possible to review content directly from the preview dialog:
Manual assessments from the gradebook are now available in the data warehouse. Final assessments can be separated from other assessments.
Terms are now available as a filter for advanced reporting.
Trends and progress report
- It’s now possible to filter progress based on groups
- We’re removing the site setting which is used to control report availability
- The student’s profile picture is now shown in the report
- It’s now possible to search for a student in the report
Page tool design
We’ve made some small adjustments to the design of the page tool: