There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to teaching. Different interests, learning styles and levels of understanding might be a challenge where there are limited options and resources. However, with this new feature, it is effortless to truly personalise the learning experience and set students for success by creating a sequence of resources that allow them to progress at their own pace and move ahead based on the outcome.
How to create a learning path:
- Quick start with resources already on your computer, your cloud storage or in itslearning and connect them in the desired way.
- Use the itslearning Library to quickly find content out of millions of vetted OER resources and bring them to the learning path.
- Embed learning paths within itslearning course template capability – especially suited for curriculum designers – to quickly share over several courses and teachers.
Watch how Learning Paths work here.
The new changes in the instant messaging system make it even easier for teachers and students to connect, sort the messages that are important and manage privacy settings.
With the improved IM, students and teachers can tag a message that is important with a star, reply to a specific user, even in a group conversation, and forward a message.
The eSafety rules have also been edited. Every time there are changes to the privacy settings – like when removing the option to start communication with a particular role – a confirmation dialog appears. Remember that changing the settings does not affect already existing conversations.
Cleaning up old courses and/or projects is a different experience now with these three new improvements:
- Bulk actions – Identify and select all the courses/projects that need to be deleted, moved or edited at once. No restrictions due to pagination.
- Improved search – Find courses/projects more easily with our new search that looks for keywords anywhere in the title, not only from the beginning of the string.
- More filters – Number of participants, days since the last visit and archived before given date are the new options available.
If Office Online is enabled, teachers and students can now create Word, Excel and PowerPoint documents directly in the Working Portfolio. These documents can also be transferred to the Assessment Portfolio.
The file uploader in the Working Portfolio has been improved. Depending on the site settings, it will show the options of File or Folder or File or Link.
- Show Learning objective context in tooltip: To help identify where the learning objective is located in the hierarchy, the path (up to two parent levels) is shown on top of the tooltip.
- New infographic to the student 360-degree activity report: Visits by weekday and time of day allow teachers to see weekly patterns of student activity.
- LTI Integration Enhancements: The administrator can edit the names of the LTI tools in the menu to make it more user-friendly. The LTI content will now display in full-screen when viewed in a course resource.
- Data Warehouse: The information on developer.itslearning.com has been updated on each entity to show how the data warehouse data relates to, and is used in itslearning; as well as how the entities are related to each other. Scenarios and examples are being provided to share best practice guidance.
Many entities have date data updated that allows administrators to get all warehouse data updated between two date stamps. It also allows daily, weekly, monthly updates.
HE Terminology: In courses, the “Hours” are now translated to “Credits” for HE customers. For Danish HE customers, the “Groups” in top menu are now called “Dashboards and projects”