Testing is a vital part of assessing whether your students have understood the lessons that you have taught them. The itslearning Test tool makes it easy to create these assessments and share them directly in the platform. Students can read, complete and submit the test, all directly within the interface.
Before you create the test, plan out the information that you’ll want to be sure to include. You can use these questions to guide your planning:
- What is the goal of this particular test? What instructions do I need to provide to ensure they understand what they are being asked to do?
- When will they have to submit it?
- What scale will this test be assessed on?
- Which Learning Objectives am I addressing with this activity?
- Will students have an opportunity to retry this test if they don’t do well the first time?
- In the Course Toolbar, click Add.
- In the QuickLinks menu that appears, click the Test link.
- Enter a Title for your Test and a Description, or instructions for students to follow.
- In the Settings Toolbar to the right, define the settings for your assignment
- Visibility: If you are ready to make the assignment available to students, click the Resource is Visible
- Deadline: Use the box to enter when you want the assignment submitted. We suggest that you keep the Close after deadline option unchecked to help alleviate any technical issues students may have when submitting. Any late submissions will be flagged in red and you can use the timestamp to determine whether you want to accept it or not.
- Learning Objectives: Select which standards the assignment aligns to.
- Assessment Scale: Select the scale on which the test will be graded.
- Click Create Test
TIP: Once the test has been created, you can let your students know that they can find upcoming items for them to complete in the Tasks block on the Overview page or the Bell notification icon on the Site Toolbar.