In a perfect world, all school districts would operate at maximum efficiency, achieving the highest level of productivity for the lowest output of cost, time and human resources. But challenged by budget cuts, the demands of standards-aligned curriculum and assessment, and the need to deliver more personalized learning experiences, districts often miss the efficiency mark.
Today’s districts are being asked to do a lot more with fewer resources, but educators have found ways to adapt to this issue. To operate at a high level of efficiency, districts must implement solutions that help them streamline their operations and free up valuable time for teachers and administrators. For many districts, the solution is to utilize a robust enterprise-level LMS such as itslearning to promote efficiency district-wide.
Here are nine ways that utilizing an LMS can help districts improve efficiency despite their often limited resources:
- Consolidating learning and digital tools to one district-wide, end-to-end digital platform
- Creating one login for content, curriculum, professional development, instruction, communication, collaboration and assessment
- Promoting a high rate of user adoption, making it easier to communicate and share information district-wide
- Integrating different systems and platforms through a robust LMS that works alongside important classroom tools such as Google Classroom and G-Suite
- Spending money on the right digital tools––not more digital tools––leading to lower district costs of both time and money spent and a greater return on your investments of time and talent
- Enabling teachers to spend more time on instruction and less time on curriculum and lesson planning
- Improving overall teacher career satisfaction, leading to less teacher turnover, and therefore less time spent filling vacant positions throughout the district
- Collecting actionable data so teachers are able to measure and track student mastery of standards
- Modernizing pedagogical methods by using digital tools and resources to supplement traditional instruction
The ways that districts can use an end-to-end LMS to promote district-wide efficiency are many and varied. Due to individual goals and challenges, not every district achieves exactly the same results, but there are commonalities shared in the path to success. To see how utilizing an LMS can help districts with varied needs, check out our ebook on How Districts Use Enterprise-Level Learning Management Systems to Improve Efficiency. In this ebook, you’ll find the stories of four different school districts who implemented the itslearning LMS to promote efficiency in their district and discover what it takes to use an LMS to do more with less.