Get the latest product updates, news, and events related to EdTech
Teachers now have the option to give students access to their own 360° reports on a course-by-course basis. This can help students be more engaged in their own learning and help them better understand how they are progressing with course content. Teachers can select which of the reports (progress, engagement and grades) students can see. Students only see their own data, they will not be able to see the course overview that is available to teachers. As a default access for students is off, but teachers can easily turn on (or off) access at any time. There are three new options for in ‘Course settings’ to toggle access on/off for each report. Once activated for students a new option appears in the course menu – ‘360° reports’.
Teachers have told us that they LOVE bulletins – read why:
- it’s a great way to quickly share updates or content with students.
- Teachers are now able to post the same bulletin across multiple courses at the same time, saving a lot of work and time.
- Adding to multiple courses is easy, just click on the new option next to the ‘Add bulletin’ button.
- Select courses from a list or search for courses by name. Once added, teachers can see which courses the bulletin appears in.
- Each bulletin is unique to the course it is added to, which means it does not share comments with the other bulletins.
It is important for teachers to have good tools to deal with inappropriate messages. Teachers can now close a conversation they are in, if they find that it is no longer useful, or there is inappropriate behavior. Prior to this release, teachers could only close conversations in a course, but now this can be extended to any group conversations. Teachers who have been part of a closed conversation have the option to re-open the conversation. Teachers can now also delete any inappropriate messages in a group conversation they are a part of. If a message is accidentally deleted, it can easily be un-deleted.
Prevent Test Mode from being blocked
From this release customers who use Test Mode Browser will need to update to the new version of the app. The new version is 2.0.4.01 (Windows, both student and lab versions) and 2.0.4 for Mac. This does not apply to Chromebook or iPad users.
In the registration tool teachers can now edit choices on behalf of a student. This means they can make changes on behalf of students who are out of school or unable to log in.
We have improved the speed of 360° reports for larger courses.
3rd Party Tools
We now give clearer information if there are issues when linking to 3rd party tools through the IMS LTI standard.