Location: Newton, MA
One of the company’s main goals for the last 2 years is delivering world class UX. As an iOS Developer with itslearning, your main mission is to create that incredible user experience within a given feature of the itslearning web application. You will work in a small scrum team consisting of 5-7 team members. As an organization they will make sure the scrum team consists of all appropriate skills to manage a feature backlog, including testing and designing resources in the team.
The team is considered self organized and is 100% dedicated to sprint work. Your scrum team works on features from idea to deployment, and based on monitoring, your team will be tweaking the feature that is in production when result is not satisfactory. So in short, you will be taking decisions and implementing changes seen and used by 4,000,000 users worldwide! You will also be joining a bigger team of highly qualified Software Engineers across teams and sites that has the common goal that itslearning’s product should be the heart of education.
itslearning is dedicated to delivering great performance, availability and usability for their customers. Their users are mainly school teachers, students, parents or administrators among others, and their mission is to make the educational system as efficient as possible so that school work is based on learning and teaching – not reporting and administrative work.
We develop our mobile applications using the platforms’ native languages: Java on Android, Swift and Objective-C on iOS (moving forward only Swift). The mobile applications communicate with the backend using RESTful APIs and/or sockets (e.g. in communication apps). Your primary focus area will be iOS development, but you can also develop for Android if you want to.
Desired Skills and Experience:
itslearning is looking for iOS developers with extensive experience on native app development using Swift and Objective-C. All our new apps are developed using Swift. Older apps were developed in Objective-C and we aim to migrate them over time.
Having experience on Android development is considered a plus, but not required.
Desired personality profile:
- You are an exceptional software developer who wants to make a difference in online education
- You are a developer who focuses on well written, maintainable and performant code
- You hate bad user experience and want to show the world how it should be done
- You are communicative, like to discuss solutions and will greet code reviews as a way to both learn and to teach
- You would love to join a team consisting of exceptional team members
- You like a challenge, and strive for innovative solutions
Required skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience developing native apps for iOS (Swift, Objective-C)
- Experience consuming RESTful web services using JSON and XML
- Experience working with Git
- Experience with agile development processes
- Ability to effectively and tactfully communicate orally and in writing
- Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Structured, detail oriented and highly organized
- A positive and responsible attitude
A chance to join our international highly talented development team and invite you to contribute to a product used by millions of users around the world. You will have the opportunity to specialize in an area of expertise and work alongside stakeholders in a multi-disciplinary agile team.
In addition to a challenging and exciting job, we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Personal competence plan
- Insurance and pension package
- A social and fun work environment
Apply for this position.