Projects that are under consideration.
Unified view of upcoming calendar events, plans, assignments and tasks.
- Provide a joined-up view of all events, plans, assignments and tasks in one place.
- Easier to see what is happening and when.
Simplify the global and course navigation across itslearning.
Improved menu gives easy access to core features without distracting from your primary goal.
- Speed up navigation.
- Reduce “cognitive load” on users.
Significant upgrade to our rich-text editor across the platform. More annotation options for giving feedback to students.
- Easier to create content anywhere in itslearning
- Better feedback to students to help improve learning outcomes
Add content to your courses from mobile or browser with a few clicks.
- See a link for your students while browsing the web? Add to a course in itslearning direct from your browser.
- Save teachers time bringing itslearning to where they are working.
Upgrades to the experience of key course tools (Planner, Assignment and Calendar) to improve user experience and user adoption.
- Making these tools quicker and slicker to use saves you time.
Available in announcements, notes and assignments.
Provides picture dictionary, read aloud, translations, line focus and more.
- Helps students with their reading.
- Opens up content to more users.
See your itslearning course events and timetables in Outlook.
All your assignments, resources and activities will be visible on their due date and directly accessible from Outlook.
- Have one calendar to show all your events, including the ones from itslearning.
- Easily jump to more details in itslearning.
Use OneNote pages in your itslearning course, for example as resource or assignment answer. Combine the strength of OneNote with the strength of the planner, assignment tool and other great tools of itslearning.
- Use OneNote pages as resource in the course, including the planner
- Use the great features of OneNote in assignments.
- Use OneNote with all assignment options such as self-assessment and peer assessment.
Each itslearning course will be reflected as MS Team.
Stay up-to date with the latest changes and current tasks and plans from courses.
- Use the power of MS Teams together with itslearning.
Easily add Google forms to courses or plans.
See results directly in the course and include in grade book if desired.
Create and reuse forms for questionnaires, sign-ups, registrations, etc.
- Use the power of Google Forms in itslearning.
- Easy to add with no cutting and pasting of links.
Dedicated parent app being piloted now.
Most important information on all my children in one place. Support parent school communication and updates.
- More engagement with parents
- Choose level of engagement and messaging options
Senior staff and management can view course 360° reports for any student in the school, college or university.
Search by name and see the student’s active courses.
- Review a student’s activity, grades and progress across their courses.
- More insight for senior leaders.
Through 2020 we are working with customers to plan how best to simply and focus the itslearning experience for younger users.
- We want to change how younger children experience online learning.
- Make information simpler to understand and more engaging.
Information that needs to be updated often can be edited directly, without leaving the page.
- Add and edit content on the fly, while remaining in context.
See your itsleanring course events and timetables in Outlook.
- Access assignments, resources and activities from Outlook
- Save time and see all your events in one place
Projects that we are currently working on.
Quicker, slicker, and 100% mobile.
Share to and grab tests from library.
Seamlessly migrate of older tests to new tool.
- Faster set-up of tests, easier to create questions.
- Better workflow, less time to create tests, more reuse of your, and colleagues' tests.
- Better reporting on results.
Open Office for the web resources in your desktop app and use full Word/Excel/PowerPoint features.
Auto-update back to the version in your course.
- Makes it easier to editing and work with Office 365 resources.
See your itslearning course events and timetables in Google Calendar.
All your assignments, resources and activities will be visible on their due date and directly accessible from Google Calendar.
- Have one calendar to show all your events, including the ones from itslearning.
- Easily jump to more details in itslearning.
Easily assignments and other content from Google Classroom.
- Kick-start your journey in the itslearning platform.
- Easily bring across and reuse content created in Google Classroom
Revamped ePortfolio for students to customise and share their achievements.
- Customise eporfilios with new themes.
- Easy to see which portfolios are private and which are shared.
- Easier to create great looking portfolios.
- Greater sense of ownership of student's porfolio.
Opt-in for teachers (with quick opt-out) see a weekly update from the course direct to your phone or desktop.
- Makes 360 report data more pro-active.
- Drives teachers to view and benefit from in-course reporting.
Teachers can set ‘trigger points’ to be notified based on student progress, activity or grades.
Control the frequency and types of notifications.
Get messages to mobile or desktop.
- Saves teachers time – no need to review reports. Contact students who need help.
- No technical experience needed, simple to set-up and easy to change.
Giving teachers answers to:
- Which of my materials are being looked at most?
- Which content is most popular, which are students spending most time on?
- Who is looking at my resources?
Teachers can better focus their time creating resources to increase impact in the classroom.
New Individual Learning Plans tool, created by teachers for teachers
Mentors can easily create plans and see students’ progress.
Teachers can create midterm reviews that feed into the ILP.
Parents and students get a detailed overview of the current status and can write their own comments.
Templates for consistency.
- Easy access to previous plans for keeping track of the progress.
- Modern, flexible and mobile friendly.
Last 20 Most Popular Features – “Recently Released Feature Highlights”
Add files directly from Microsoft Teams or SharePoint to itslearning. Ensure course participants can access these files.
- More options to add files for organizations using Office 365 Education
- Simplifies use of MS Teams and SharePoint in itslearning
- Immediately see and add resources from groups you belong to
- Preview files
- Easily add files for students (read-only access)
- Work with multiple accounts
Inform your entire community - school or district - with a text blast.
- Fast dissemination of information across the whole organization.
- More communication options for organizations.More options to add files for organizations using Office 365 Education
Course cards give a clear view of all courses on one page. Updates with a new and improved task list that gives students an overview of what they need to do when.
- Clear overview of all your courses.
- Quick access to relevant updates and upcoming tasks and events.
- Courses are shown as easy-read, editable, color-coded cards.You can quickly swap between your home and school accounts.
Improved task list for students on the Course Overview page shows students exactly what they need to do when.
- Students see immediately what they need to do first: Tasks that are due today and tomorrow.
- Tasks that have expired will not be displayed. This is to help students focus on what's most important and timely.
An easier and quicker way to add files from your Google Drive or OneDrive to itslearning. Ongoing work to improve our integration with the major cloud service providers.
- Simple to use. Just click on the ‘Add’ button to access Google Drive and OneDrive files.
- Fewer clicks.
- Time saved.
Teachers can now ask students to self-assess their assignments and boost student engagement. This feature can also be used in combination with peer-assessment and allows for rubrics to be automatically shared to guide self-assessment.
- Enhanced support for self-reflection and self-evaluation built into the existing workflow.
- Simple to set-up and easy for students to use.
We have made it easier to automatically connect G Suite accounts for teachers and students in schools or districts using G Suite for Education.
- Saves time and effort.
- Extra layer of security because pre-connecting G Suite school accounts means you don't need to manually connect your account to itslearning.
- Use the Google Single Sign-On from Google Apps or on a Chromebook (if enabled for the site).
Students can now start a conversation with their group members directly from a group assignment. Simply click 'Open group conversation' and start discussing!
- Better communication.
- Improved collaboration during group work.
- Encourge teamwork and learning.
Teachers are now able to easily post the same bulletin across multiple courses at the same time.
Each bulletin is unique to the course it is added to, it does not share comments with the other bulletins.
- A great way to quickly share updates or content with students.
- Adding to multiple courses is easy, just click on the new option next to the ‘Add bulletin’ button.
- Saves teachers time.
When teachers add a Microsoft Word, Excel or PowerPoint to an assignment they can make a copy for each student, follow-up in-progress work and provide immediate feedback directly in the browser. Students can work on the assignment from inside itslearning without downloading or uploading their answer sheet.
- Assignment templates can help standardize/structure student assignments.
- Easier to grade and give feedback.
- Students submit their assignments in the same format.
- Streamlines assessment with one integrated UI for managing submissions and grading.
Mentors can access the course 360o reports for any of their students.
View by student or by course, see information from all courses a student attends.
- Deep-dive into each student’s performance through easy-to-follow, visual info-graphics
- Support better pastoral and academic support from mentors
Teachers can now share all or selected 360° reports with students. Turn on/off for each course for greater flexibility.
- Real-time summary of progress, activity and grades.
- Empower students with insight into their progress and activity to help motivate, inform and support individualized learning.
Send messages to students (and groups of students) directly from the 360° reports. 'Auto include' data from the report for the student to review.
- Teachers can use the 360° report data to trigger remedial support, comment on student progress or encourage students.
- The auto-include feature saves time and the need to cut and paste information from the report into the message.
Enhanced readability of itslearning for screen readers, improved alternative text for images and we have resolved some issues with ’empty’ buttons/references.
- Improved access to itslearning for all users is critical to ensuring better education for all.
- Following best practise from international bodies (WCAG 2.0 Web Content Accessibility Guidelines, European Commission Web Accessibility Guidelines).
Easy for teachers to group all their students in a few steps. Distribute students evenly based on a maximum number of groups, or based on a maximum number of students in each group.
- Useful when teachers want to quickly randomize students into groups
- Easy set up of groups for planning, assignments and other activities.
Teachers can now easily view their course as a student.
Available directly from the course dashboard.
The course will adapt as if the teacher were a student.
- Ever wondered what your course looks like for your student? Well, now you can!
- Teachers can get a better understanding for how their course appears for their students.
Teachers can create a sequence of resources that allow students to progress at their own pace and move ahead based on the outcome.
- There’s no one-size-fits-all approach to teaching.
- Different interests, learning styles, and levels of understanding present a challenge when resources are limited.
- Thanks to Learning Paths, it is effortless to truly personalize the learning experience and set students up for success
Teachers can now use peer assessment on assignments.
When enabled by the teacher itslearning will automatically distribute submitted work among students.
For each student, teachers will be able to see the peer assessments received, but also the peer assessments this student has given.
Peer assessment is a powerful pedagogy that puts students in the role of educators, giving them a more complete and thorough understanding of the material, while saving teachers’ time and giving students voice and choice.
A school's brand is a valuable asset. Personalize itslearning with your school logo, name and a banner image on the top of the home page (MyPage) and at an organization level (hierarchy dashboard).
- Simple to use interface
- Identify your school with a brand
- Boost school pride and create a sense of belonging
Admins can push the itslearning Chromebook app to all Chromebook devices in their domain. Automatically log on to itslearning with the same details you use on your Chromebook.
- No need to worry about logins or set-up.
- Easy access to itslearning and Google tools.
- Easier administration/rollout of itslearning when tightly integrated with the device.