Posted: 4 May 2018
Last updated: 22 January 2018
itslearning is committed to keeping your data safe. This policy describes why we process and how we protect personal data.
WHY WE PROCESS PERSONAL DATA
Like most companies, we process personal data for a number of purposes. You can click each purpose to find more details about the processing that might be relevant to you.
- To market and sell our products; to manage and develop our existing customer relationships; to recruit new and work with existing partner organisations.
- To demonstrate our offerings and capabilities by letting potential customers demo our products.
- To provide our customers with support, to gather feedback and respond to questions from users of our product or the general public.
- To gather and organize ideas from our user base on the ideas portal.
- To provide users access to create and host quizzes.
- To assess and recruit candidates for open positions at the company.
- To manage 3rd party developers that have registered for our development portal.
LAWFUL REASON FOR PROCESSING PERSONAL DATA
Depending on the purpose, itslearning relies on several lawful reasons for processing personal data.
- Consent – Your freely given, explicit and unambiguous consent. Example: you sign up for a newsletter.
- Contract – A legal contract between us and another organization. Example: our customer contracts.
- Legitimate interest – When we have a significant interest and necessity in processing your personal data, and the impact on you is negligible. Example: you visit our web-pages.
- Lawful reason – Law might require us to process personal data. Example: accounting regulations.
For each detailed description of our purposes, you will find reference to which lawful reason we base processing on.
YOUR RIGHTS WHEN WE PROCESS YOUR PERSONAL DATA
If you are located in the EU/EEA you have legal rights related to the processing we do of your personal data. The rights can depend on our reason for processing personal data.
- Right to access. This includes asking us for a copy of your personal data.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to ask us to correct erroneous personal information.
- Right to erasure. You have a right to ask us to delete your data.
- Right to restrict processing. You have a right to ask us to restrict processing of your data.
- Right to object. You have a right to object to processing that is happening
- Right to data portability. You have a right to ask for your data to be transferred to another organization.
In some cases, these rights are subject to certain conditions and limitations. If you would like to learn more about these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer.
You always have a right to contact us and ask for your rights to be executed. We are obliged to answer your request within 30 days. If we deem a request to not be valid, you have a right to complain to the supervising authority in the country of your residence (reference list can be found here).
If you want to exercise any of these rights, you have a number of different ways to do so. You can:
- Contact our DPO via email at [email protected].
- Contact our Support staff via email at [email protected].
- Lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
All requests to itslearning related to data privacy will be processed within 30 days.
CONTROLLER’S CONTACT DETAILS
Unless otherwise stated, the controller for the processing of personal data is:
Norway, and its subsidiaries.
We can be contacted by email: [email protected] or via phone at +47 55 23 60 70.
DATA PROTECTION OFFICER
itslearning has appointed a data Data Protection Officer, John Arthur Berg. Our DPO can be contacted via email at [email protected], or by phone at + 47 55 23 60 70. Communication must be in Norwegian, Swedish, Danish or English.